Friday, March 2, 2012

Reflection Slow Down

Last April I began a series of 25 Reflections on my 25 years of Ordained Ministry.  Today is March 2nd, the anniversary date of my ordination service.  Originally I had hoped to get all 25 reflections written before my 25th year was finished, but I only got to 19, and, truth be told, I think I rushed the last couple (I don't feel they're some of my best writing).  So I've decided to slow down on the reflections, I will still finish all 25, but I have other things I want to write about that don't fit into the Reflection Series.  Over the next months I will be posting both reflections and other items of interest.  I am also thinking of posting some recordings from my archives - things I recorded at some point but would probably never release on an album. However some of you might find these recordings interesting to listen to.

One of the struggles I have in my life is that I have way too many ideas, and not enough time to finish them all.  I have numerous recording projects partially finished, many ideas for blog entries noted,  stained glass projects designed but not put together, and photographs I can envision that I want to try and capture.  Some people wonder what they'll do when they retire, I wonder if even then I will have enough time to finish all the things I've started and ideas I've come up with.  I am determined to finish the Reflection Series however, but those final 7 entries may take a while.

Thanks to everyone who reads my posts, and especially to those who comment.


This pencil sketch was created by Mark Becker, a fellow teacher at Luther College during a staff retreat a couple of years ago (as part of a team building exercise).  It was done quickly and roughly, but I liked what he did and saved it.  Tonight I scanned it and added it to this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment