Friday, January 14, 2011

You Are

Here is another poem from my old notebook. I wrote this one summer while staying at the family cabin on Christopher Lake. Perhaps I was attracted to this poem tonight because I'm getting tired of this winter, with its overabundance of snow and cold.
____________

You are the perfect stillness
of a lake on a windless summer night.

You are a myriad of stars
speckled across the bow of dark sky.

You are the sound of birds
calling forth in the mystery of the dark.

You are the pack of wolves howling
in community of the moonlit moment.

You are the breath within my lungs,
the beating of my heart.

You are the thoughts that seek
the higher, pure and true.

You are all this and more.

How can I ever know you
unless you reach into my very being,
touching again and again
with divine love and grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment