Monday, February 2, 2015

Holy Space

Today, after a three year hiatus, I made my way out to Qu'Appelle House of Prayer. QHP holds a special spot in my heart - it was a place of healing when my spirit was deeply damaged many years ago. It is a place of inspiration as well - many ministry ideas have their roots there, many artistic ventures were first sparked there. It was good to return. Shortly after arriving this morning I wrote this poem which I have titled Holy Space.

A cold, clear February day
The sun streams in through tall windows
I close my eyes
Embraced by the gentle warmth

Breath of peace
Breath of love

Colours shift behind my closed eyes
This is Holy Space
Wholly mine at the moment
Quiet joy

Stillness of air
Stillness of mind

Let the sun burn off the mists of worry
Let the light fill my weary soul
Let the rays illumine my path
So that God's vision, God's dream, becomes mine

I surrender to this space
My need for control.

Maranatha!

1 comment: